The Onboard Medical Emergencies course is for all health professionals interested in the subject of aviation medicine or inflight emergencies. Participants come from a wide range of medical backgrounds, including family and emergency physicians, occupational health, nursing and professionals who work in the aeromedical/travel medicine domain. ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED TO 49.
- Altitude physiology in the aviation environment
- Epidemiology of medical emergencies in flight
- Which passengers are "Fit to Fly"
- Medical equipment onboard the aircraft: Emergency Medical Kit (EMK)
- Safety on board
- Cabin crew—their roles and first aid training
- Medico-legal implications of helping onboard
- Management of common emergencies in flight
- Role play in flight simulator:
- Aircraft evacuation
- Smoke in cabin
- CPR/ALS: where to do it?
- Emergency oxygen
Early registration (October 6): $460
Students, Residents, Nurses & Paramedics: $350
- Frais :
Avant le 6 octobre: 460 $
Médecins : 550 $
Étudiants (es), Résidents (es) , Infirmiers (ères) & Paramédics: 350 $
Remboursement intégral moins 75$ aux annulations écrites reçues avant le 17 novembre 2019 et aucun remboursement après cette date.
Full refund less $75.00 administrative fee for a written cancellation received before November 17, 2019 and no refund after that date.