ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT COURSE
UN COURS AVANCÉ EN RÉANIMATION CARDIORESPIRATOIRE
(Ce cours sera donné en anglais/ This course is given in English)
December 10 - 11, 2022
- LOCATION / LIEU:
Steinberg Centre for Simulation and Interactive Learning, McGill University
3575 avenue du Parc, Montréal, QC
- TIME/ HEURE:
- 08:00 - 18:00 ; 08:00 - 12:00
Heart & Stroke’s traditional classroom-based, instructor-led Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) has
been re-designed to enable virtual learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of this program is to support healthcare services who are attempting to ensure the maintenance of quality patient care. This course is intended to address the challenge of mobilizing face-to-face sessions and conducting skills practice and testing during the contact precautions mandated by Health Canada and Public Health Agencies by offering an alternative formula.
ACLS is the pre-eminent resuscitation course for the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This course takes the fundamental concepts and skills of Basic Life Support (BLS) to the next level. Learners will be trained in the cognitive components of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, immediate post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmia management, stroke and acute coronary syndromes. Participants of this course are provided with the knowledge and tools to become a strong and reliable member of an ACLS team.
This re-vamped course will be delivered in three parts:
- Part 1: The new BLS BLENDED course (Part 1) is a MANDATORY PREREQUISITE – the theoretical session to be done on the Heart & Stroke online E-campus. The completion of the BLS theoretical segment must be submitted prior to being admitted to Part 2.
- Part 2: Virtual cognitive learning – Successful participants will earn a temporary certificate, valid during the pandemic, indicating they passed this virtual cognitive component.
- Part 3: Hands-on skills practice and skills testing components – This will take place on Saturday, December 10th and Sunday, December 11th . Following the successful completion of the Skills courses the participant will earn a full ACLS Provider certification, valid for 2 years.
We recommend that you register as soon as possible to allow time for the completion of the cognitive components – Part 1 & 2 (including reading the provider manuals and watching the videos).
- DATE LIMITE:
- le 25 novembre OU jusqu’à ce que la capacité maximale soit atteinte (24)
- November 25th OR until maximum capacity has been reached (24)
- FRAIS ACLS:
Médecins - $735; Résidents - $735; Infirmières - $735
- ACLS FEES:
Physicians - $735; Residents - $735; Nurses - $735
- DEPôT :
- Résidents de l'université McGill - $100
- x McGill Medical Residents - $100
Remboursement intégral moins 125$ aux annulations écrites reçues avant le 26 novembre 2022; moins 50% aux annulations écrites reçues entre le 27 novembre – 3 décembre 2022 et aucun remboursement après cette date.
Veuillez noter qu'il n'y aura aucun remboursement pour les résidents qui se sont inscrits pour les composants BLS et ACLS (car ceux-ci ont des coûts associés) et ne se présentent pas pour la partie 3 du cours.
Full refund less $125.00 administrative fee for a written cancellation received before November 26th, 2022, 50% for a written cancellation received between November 27th – December 3rd, 2022 and no refund after that date.
Please note that there will be no refund for those Residents who have registered for the BLS and ACLS components (as these have associated costs) and do not show up for Part 3 of the course.