ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT COURSE
UN COURS AVANCÉ EN RÉANIMATION CARDIORESPIRATOIRE
(Ce cours sera donné en anglais/ This course is given in English)
December 5, 2020 or December 6, 2020
- LOCATION / LIEU:
Steinberg Centre for Simulation and Interactive Learning, McGill University
- TIME/ HEURE:
08:00 - 18:00
Heart & Stroke’s traditional classroom-based, instructor-led Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) has
been re-designed to enable virtual learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of this program is to support healthcare services who are attempting to ensure the maintenance of quality patient care. This course is intended to address the challenge of mobilizing face-to-face sessions and conducting skills practice and testing during the contact precautions mandated by Health Canada and Public Health Agencies by offering an alternative formula.
ACLS is the pre-eminent resuscitation course for the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This course takes the fundamental concepts and skills of Basic Life Support (BLS) to the next level. Learners will be trained in the cognitive components of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, immediate post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmia management, stroke and acute coronary syndromes. Participants of this course are provided with the knowledge and tools to become a strong and reliable member of an ACLS team.
This re-vamped course will be delivered in three parts:
- Part 1: The new BLS BLENDED course (Part 1) is a MANDATORY PREREQUISITE – the theoretical session to be done on the Heart & Stroke online E-campus. The completion of the BLS theoretical segment must be submitted prior to being admitted to Part 2.
- Part 2: Virtual cognitive learning – Successful participants will earn a temporary certificate, valid during the pandemic, indicating they passed this virtual cognitive component.
- Part 3: Hands-on skills practice and skills testing components – This will take place on Saturday, December 5 th or Sunday, December 6 th . Following the successful completion of the Skills courses the participant will earn a full ACLS Provider certification, valid for 2 years.
We recommend that you register as soon as possible to allow time for the completion of the cognitive components – Part 1 & 2 (including reading the provider manuals and watching the videos).
- DATE LIMITE:
- le 20 novembre OU jusqu’à ce que la capacité maximale soit atteinte (24)
- November 20th OR until maximum capacity has been reached (24)
- FRAIS ACLS:
Médecins - $735; Résidents - $735; Infirmières - $735
- ACLS FEES:
Physicians - $735; Residents - $735; Nurses - $735
Remboursement intégral moins 125$ aux annulations écrites reçues avant le 20 novembre 2020; moins 50% aux annulations écrites reçues entre le 21 – 27 novembre 2020 et aucun remboursement après cette date.
Full refund less $125.00 administrative fee for a written cancellation received before November 20th, 2020, 50% for a written cancellation received between November 21st — 27th, 2020 and no refund after that date.